This church is located on a hill above La Valle.
Image gallery: S. Barbara chapel
The S. Barbara chapel is situated in great scenery, on a hill slightly above La Valle. In 1491, this church has not only been dedicated to S. Barbara, but also to S. Florian.
S. Barbara is the patron saint of mineworkers. It is presumed that miners of Valparola constructed this church. However, in the nearby Tolpei there were miners who won silver. This could also be a reason why this church has been dedicated to the patron of miners.
Extraordinarily precious from a historical and artistic point of view is the painting at the exterior wall, depicting the crucifixion with Mary and John of the Cross.
The S. Barbara chapel can be reached from the centre of La Valle within a one hours’ walk.